€60k - 75k per year
019 60 97 84
about 1 month ago
I am looking for a Senior Applied Data Scientist based in Dublin to join my client’s company, an international leader on the market, who are offering broad range of data science services.
What you'll be doing:
- Build strong relationships with colleagues & external clients to ensure full understanding of client challenges, growth strategy and agreed measures of success for the project.
- Investigate and implement the most appropriate analytical technique for each project.
- Deploy cutting-edge data science and machine learning methodologies to tackle complex business problems and deliver insights that resonate with clients.
- Lead and execute projects that distil complex problems into compelling insights that resonate with clients and lead them to action.
- Spot opportunities to grow client engagement by proactively solving client's strategic questions, using a mix of products and advanced data science techniques that support executive decision making and call to action.
- Participate in client meetings as required to present methodology and solutions through effective story telling techniques.
- Work closely with global products team to provide market feedback for enhancing an existing product offering or augmenting the catalogue with a market-based product that can become global offering.
- Day to day management of Data Scientists and ensuring smooth running of their projects.
- Lead by example on Quality Assurance processes, ways of working and coding standards.
- Provide advice and support to colleagues to resolve challenges and support code reviews.
Who and what you’ll get to work with:
- You’ll work as a leading figure amongst several local teams of Applied Data Scientists.
- Direct access to senior stakeholders within the Marketing Leadership team of our client.
- Working on the best data set in the FMCG industry, using advanced analytical capabilities.
- We work with clean data and spend 0% of our time cleaning data.
- You’ll benefit from the learning of our 500 Data Scientists globally.
- Externally, you’ll frequently be in contact with: Senior Retail stakeholders
What you'll need:
- Exceptional communication skills and experience presenting to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Data Science/Analytics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Physics, Engineering or related field.
- Experience with and passion for connecting your work directly to the customer experience, making a real and tangible impact.
- Some experience with programming, and the ability to quickly pick up handling large data volumes with modern data processing tools, e.g. by using Hadoop / Spark / SQL / Python.
- Analytical Techniques
- Analytical Technology.
- Desk Research.
- Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Statistical Modelling.
- Programming (Python, SQL, R, …).
- Data Interpretation/ Insight Analysis.
- Data Visualisation.
- Insight Storytelling.
- Client relationship building and management.
- Presentation skills.
A plus if you also have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in in Data Science/Analytics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Physics, Engineering or related field.
- Programming experience on any standard data mining and modelling packages such as Python and R.
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Zsofia Nemeth from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 9609784.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.