over 1 year ago
My client, a leading Original Equipment Manufacturer is looking for Senior Buyer who will join the Procurement team and will work collaboratively with the Procurement Director as well as cross functional partners to develop, align & execute category strategies in a multi-site, multi-country environment. You will create the supply network of the future in support of the company's growth plan, ensuring competitiveness and effective supplier relationship management.
This is a permanent (full-time) job based in Co. Cavan with some flexibility to work from home available.
What will you do in this job?
- You will support the development of the strategic sourcing plans for the category which consider both demand and supply-side considerations.
- You will lead procurement initiatives with accountability to deliver savings and financial objectives in line with commitments agreed with internal stakeholders.
- You will support the team with the setting up of a procurement governance model for the business and ensure effective and timely reporting in line with business reporting calendar.
- You will regularly review the impact of macro-economic, and demand/supply dynamics on the categories, assessing trends and providing insights to Procurement team and business partners of underlying cost drivers.
- You will ensure suppliers are compliant with company and regional specific policies and measure compliance.
- You will measure supplier performance and ensure they deliver value beyond price objectives.
- You will manage the risk associated with the category spend, deploying analytical tools to assess risk, recommend action, manage market volatility and optimize cost.
- You will track category performance, risks and opportunities vs plan and make recommendations to the business.
What do you need to be successful in this job?
- You hold a 3rd level qualification in Business Management or related discipline.
- You have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience in Procurement and Supply Chain roles.
- You have experience in Strategic Sourcing, Procure-to-Pay and Procurement Systems.
- You have strong project management, team working and planning skills.
The Next Step for you:
Interested in this role? Please send your CV to SIMONA MORELLI at Next Generation Recruitment by clicking on the Apply button!