10 months ago
Senior Buyer- Food Industry
Ready for a move into your next role as a Senior Buyer? Are you interested in growing your career in a dynamic food manufacturing organisation? Maybe this is the perfect role for you.
Our client, a leading Food manufacturer based in Tipperary are looking to grow their existing team with an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Buyer. This is a permanent position that will offer excellent career development opportunities for the right individual. The successful candidate will have full responsibility for developing relationships and negotiating rates with suppliers to ensure highest quality ingredients and packaging products are obtained for use in the manufacture of finished products.
Please note you must be legally authorised to work unrestricted in Ireland to be applicable for this position.
What you will do in this job:
- Responsible for the purchase of all ingredients and packaging for the production facility
- Responsible for managing procurement budget for the site (Approx €5 Million spend)
- Ensure best possible prices are achieved whilst ensuring the highest standard of product is obtained
- Developing robust relationship with both national and international ingredient and packaging suppliers
- Working with the site Quality function to ensure suppliers meet BRC and customer quality standards
- Liaising with Supply Chain re: availability of materials and control of slow moving/obsolete stock
- Responsible for managing artwork approval process alongside site quality team and retailers
- Delivery of Cost Out/Value Projects
Minimum requirements for this job:
- 3+ Years in a similar purchasing position within the food manufacturing industry is essential
- Proven track record of developing robust relationships with ingredients/packaging suppliers is essential
- Proven track record of delivering cost savings whilst ensuring compliance with strictest of quality standards
- Ability to work closely with Quality, Finance and Operations functions is critical for this role
- Strong communication skills
The Next Step for you:
Interested in this role? Please send your CV to Kate Curran at Next Generation Recruitment by clicking on the Apply button!
Next Generation specialise in Life Science, Engineering, Supply Chain & Operations, Data Science, Digital Marketing, and IT.
Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.