+353 1 96 09 796
over 1 year ago
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer has come up with a leading organisation based in Dublin. Within the role you will be working with state of the art cloud-hosted technologies to enhance the data and data processes of the business.
You will be working in a fast paced, dynamic environment as part of a great team and in an organisation with a progressive culture. Career progression is encouraged and this is the perfect opportunity to develop your skill-set and professional career alongside business growth. You will be a hands on engineer who enjoys working in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
What you will be doing in the role:
- Develop micro-services to improve business processes and pipelines.
- Work on the automation of cloud-hosted operations with a specific focus on data.
- Help to standardise training materials and work to continuously improve the training process.
- Work to design and develop a cutting edge big data platform.
- Work closely with project stakeholders in order to gain an understanding of business requirements and meet stakeholder needs.
- Assist in evaluating potential new technologies.
You will need:
- 3+ years' experience in a Software Engineering role, ideally with a focus on data.
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer/Data Science, Engineering or similar.
- A deep interest in and good knowledge of cloud-hosted systems and applications.
- Excellent data engineering skills.
- Good experience developing reliable microservices.
- Strong skills with Java or Scala, and a good working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in using Nexus, Jenkins, Webpack or similar.
- Experience with Kibana, Datadog, Grafana or similar.
- Good experience using Jenkins or similar.
- Good knowledge or the Spring Framework is a distinct advantage.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The company will provide you with:
- The opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment in an exciting organisation where you will have extensive opportunity to develop your technical skillset and progress your career.
- Excellent remuneration and package on offer.
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Alan Harper from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.