about 1 month ago
Job Title: Senior Purchasing Specialist--Food Ingredients and Packaging
Our client is a leading player in the Food industry, dedicated to delivering high-quality and innovative Food products to consumers across Ireland. They are committed to sustainability, excellence, and continuous growth. They are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Purchasing Specialist for their growing operation based out of Galway.
This role is based on site and will have a team of 2 Purchasing Administrators reporting to it.
Job Summary: As the Senior Purchasing Specialist you will play a crucial role in ensuring the consistent supply of essential ingredients and packaging for the production operations. You will be responsible for managing supplier relationships, optimizing costs, and ensuring the highest quality standards. This position is ideal for an individual with a strong background in procurement within the Food Sector.
- Responsible for ordering, tracking and expediting packaging material along with other ad-hoc supply chain planning activities items in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships
- Manage stock holdings and lead times in an efficient manner
- Develop and implement cost-saving strategies and initiatives to improve efficiency and reduce procurement costs without compromising quality.
- Generate regular reports and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure procurement performance and provide insights to senior management.
- Ability to interpret demand plans and work with Production Planner to ensure that there are adequate materials available to meet production targets.
- Cover at times in the absence of the Planner
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business, or a related field
- Proven experience in purchasing, specifically in the food industry
- Strong negotiation, contract management, and analytical skills
- Familiarity with industry-specific regulations and quality standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and organizational abilities
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Kate Curran at Next Generation Recruitment via the Apply button.
Next Generation are specialists in recruiting for roles in Data Science, Digital, Engineering & Life Sciences, IT, Supply Chain & Operation, Engineering and Procurement.
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.