11 months ago
SENIOR RELEASE ENGINEER
This is an opportunity to join a world-leading engineering team working on the design and development of new features across my clients entire product range. We need a brilliant engineer who loves working with a wide variety of technologies and tools. If you want to work in a team with people at least as good as you are, if you want to solve the problems encountered when analysing the firehose of network data in real time - capturing, decoding, analysing and indexing at 100Gb/s and more.
- Create and drive progressive strategic initiatives within the Release Engineering team
- Drive, enhance and improve automation and CI/CD
- Manage and perform branching and other source code strategies for multiple products and development teams
- Improve test infrastructure and monitoring using tools such as ELK stack
- Use strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with developers, managers and other stakeholders
WHAT YOU NEED:
- BSc. in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Proficiency with scripting languages, such as Bash and Python
- Working knowledge of languages, such as C/C++ and Java
- A good understanding of branching and release management practices
- Knowledge of source code control systems such as SVN / GIT
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies
- Good understanding of public, private and hybrid cloud technologies
- Familiarity with containerisation and container orchestration; Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Ideal candidates are detail oriented, motivated, creative and hands-on with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
The Next Step for you:
- Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Luca Piano ([email protected]) from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 19609776.
- Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
- Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.