8 months ago
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager has become available within a leading global pharmaceutical manufacturing company. Within this role you will be responsible for taking the lead in site capital projects, with the overall goal being to manage, improve, and enhance the turnaround and delivery of these projects. Collaboration is a key element on all levels for this position.
- Oversee the management of engineering infrastructure projects in the Site Project Engineering Department.
- Collaborate with your team to ensure swift turnaround of the projects in adequate time, with minimum disruption to business operations, and whilst staying within budget and specification.
- Collaborate with senior management to confirm goals which support the business.
- Engaging with the Production/Engineering teams to coordinate support for the continual development of projects.
- Application of innovative approaches and methods to more complex problems possessing greater technical complexity.
- Advocate for energy saving initiatives through energy efficient site projects.
- Independent; willing to take responsibility for bigger projects with larger scope whilst building credentials in dealing with complex technical and people issues as they arise.
- Ability and willingness to provide open and honest discussions with your team on a one-on-one basis.
- Versatility in communication styles with your team and beyond.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of the technical competency training programme for your team through continuous professional development.
- Coaching/mentoring your team on various approaches to communication, decision making, and the execution requirements for their roles.
- Ensure project objectives are achieved through coordination of resources and management of designated staff.
- Achieve business goals through effective utilisation of all available functional and cross functional resources.
- Regular review of critical milestones which are to be communicated to relevant teams/departments to identify key priorities.
- Adequate system in place to maintain records of projects completed and site infrastructure e.g. record drawings, contracts, safety plans, project correspondence etc.
- Supports implementation of enterprise/site/functional goals as required.
- Fetac level 8 degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical) or equivalent with minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
- Project Management certification desirable.
- Delivery of process equipment capital projects in a GMP environment is desirable.
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Luke Davis at Next Generation Recruitment via the Apply button.
Next Generation are specialists in recruiting for roles in Data Science, Digital, Engineering & Life Sciences, IT, Supply Chain & Operation, Engineering and Procurement.
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.