019 60 97 84
about 2 years ago
A great opportunity for a Skype for Business Engineer has arisen with one of our clients in Limerick. You will provide the engineering and third level of support for all Skype for Business platform and related services. You will be able to demonstrate deep technical skills, proficiency with the design, implementation and support of Microsoft Skype for Business. Analyze, architect, design and deliver solutions on the following Skype for Business platform components. This will involve prototyping, solutioning, blueprints, road-mapping, technical delivery and syndication with multiple stakeholders and peer technical groups through detailed documentation & presentations.
Architecture and engineering of Microsoft Skype for Business Server, providing guidance and deep technical knowledge on various Skype for Business architecture elements deployed in an Enterprise environment.
What you will need for the role:
- Must have experience with either Skype for Business or Lync.
- Experience with SfB Enterprise Voice.
- Experience deploying and configuring Lync/Skype for Business audio, video and telephony solutions as well as integration with Exchange/Office 365 Unified Messaging.
- Experience integrating Skype for Business with other unified communications systems (chat, media, video, voice).
- Excellent written, organizational, and verbal communication skills as well as collaboration skills. Able to convey technical concepts to individuals without prior technical knowledge or understanding of topics.
- Able to coordinate and collaborate with business application stakeholders and infrastructure teams to ensure successful upgrades, installations or integration activities.
- Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging.
- Fault-tolerant and Highly Available Architecture.
- Worked with SfB logging tools and in depth understanding of SIP and SfB logs.
- Experience with Polycom Phones.
- Experience working with Voice Gateways (example: Audiocodes, Sonus, Oracle).
- Experience working with Analog devices and gateways.
- Ability to perform client testing, server patching and deployment assistance.
Experience with/and Troubleshooting Knowledge Of:
- Mail flow troubleshooting- OWA, ActiveSync, OAB, Internal mail flow, and other Exchange related services.
- Network troubleshooting- Basic connectivity testing and some firewall knowledge.
- Backup knowledge- How to complete and troubleshooting various backups from DPM to Snapshots.
- SAN knowledge- Manage disk space and troubleshoot.
- Active Directory- Troubleshoot Domain Controllers, replication and some user accounts.
- Previous experience as Junior Network or Voice Administrator.
- Ability to read Wireshark or Netmon Packet Capture.
- Experience with Office 365 Experience a plus.
- Experience with Voice Gateways and SBC’s.
- Experience with Polycom Video and Voice Hardware.
- Strong analytical skills; able to assess and solve issues in a high-pressure environment.
- Skills and proven experience with following products (in priority order):
- Skype for Business Server.
- Lync Server 2013.
- Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Microsoft SQL.
- VoiP, SIP and SIP trunking (Centralized, Local).
- Network Architecture and QoS (optimized for real-time voice/video).
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience with specified infrastructure and IT technologies.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology or a similar field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree.
- Certifications are a plus.
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Zsofia Nemeth from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.