about 1 year ago
Software Engineer - Scala/Spark
My client, an innovative financial services company are looking to hire a number of contract Software Engineers to join their team in Dublin. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody who wants to work as part of a start up building something new and exciting. The successful candidate will be required to implement advanced GDPR compliant big data and data analytic applications.
- Design, develop, and maintain data management platform components which include but are not limited to a Data Lake, Data Privacy Engine, Data Ingestion Algorithms, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), Analytics Engines, Data Engineering, etc.
- Full software lifecycle participation including design, development, testing, bug fixing, cloud deployment, etc.
- Participation in an Agile Scrum based software development process
What You Need:
- Strong coding experience in Scala and Spark (Java would be an advantage also)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Experience working in an Agile environment following Scrum
- Expertise with Big Data Hadoop platforms like Hortonworks, Cloudera, MAPR, Teradata, etc; experience building large scale Spark applications & data pipelines
- Expertise with platform engineering
- Experience in architecture and development of data models and data dictionaries in big data systems
- Extensive knowledge with Hadoop stack and storage technologies, including HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, HBASE, HIVE, Sqoop, Impala, spark and oozie
- Experiences in manipulating large datasets using data partitions and transformation, and in-memory computations (large-scale join / groupby / aggregations)
- Strong knowledge in NOSQL technologies (MongoDB, Cassnadra, Hbase etc), and/or object storage services from AWS or Azure, or open source object storage solutions (CEPH, Openstack Swift)
The Next Step for you:
- Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Michael O'Brien ([email protected]) from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
- Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
- Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.