23 days ago
Group Strategic Procurement Manager- Engineering Industry
Our client, a leading organisation cross Europe are looking to recruit a Strategic Procurement Manager to join their centralised Procurement function. In this role you will be responsible for working with the Senior Leadership on developing the Procurement strategy for the group and ensuring alignment to it amongst the purchasing/buying team. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing a Supplier Relationship Management framework which will be rolled out for use across the group. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic fast paced procurement team with excellent opportunities for growth.
This is role will be mainly site based in South Dublin with some opportunities to work from home over time.
- Responsible for developing and implementing Group Procurement Strategy
- Establish a robust Supplier Relationship Management framework for use across the group
- Create a roadmap for Procurement process best practice and policies
- Manage a team of Purchasing Managers
- Provide sourcing insights to drive business performance
- Work with internal business stakeholders to ensure involvement in key category related decisions
- Lead Strategic Sourcing projects, tenders and negotiations
- Degree qualified in a Business or finance related discipline
- 5+ Years experience in a Strategic Procurement role, Ideally with some exposure to Engineering/construction industries
- Proven track record of managing a large spend portfolio
- Ability to develop and implement Category Strategy
- Ability to work cross functionally with different departments and stakeholders
- Proven ability to build robust working relationship with third party suppliers
Please note, this role with require some international travel- 15-20% of the time.
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Kate Curran from Next Generation Recruitment at or alternatively call .
All applications will be considered and responded to in full. Applications are in strict confidence.
Next Generation emphatically stresses, that as an organisation, will not forward your CV or any other personal details to any 3rd parties without your full prior approval.