5 months ago
For an important technology services company, we are looking for a Systems Engineer to support the Infrastructure environment and Enterprise Applications.
his individual will work across Infrastructure Management and related technologies & products. The role provides application administration and support, change management, problem management and capacity/performance management.
Duties will include and not limited to:
- Application Support
- Business Continuity planning and testing
- Application server configuration changes
- Product specific administration
- Product updates
- Migrations, upgrades, patching
- Trouble shooting
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements
The ideal candidate should have a recognized third level IT qualification or relevant experience. You should have fundamental knowledge in the following areas:
- Administrative knowledge of Wintel server operating systems;
- Administrative knowledge of multiple server operating systems; Linux – RHEL, CentOS / Unix – AIX
- Application & Web Servers – Tomcat, Apache, IIS
- Databases – MS SQL
- LDAP / Security / Active Directory
- Knowledge of VMware Virtualisation Platform
- Cloud Computing – AWS / Azure
- Previous experience in Management and Administration of Wintel & Linux Infrastructure is a huge plus.
- Excellent problem solving and Root Cause Analysis skills
- The ability to develop solutions, document and communicate outcomes to stakeholders and non-technologists.
- Excellent understanding of and experience in delivering architectural solutions using new and emerging technologies
- Capable of producing well documented requirements, developing designs, preparing and executing implementation plans
- Proficiency in understanding, analyzing and defining corrective actions from data provided in logs, traces, and heap dumps.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Project)
- Ability to multi-task and work on several high priority projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Provide 7x24 on-call support when required.
- Provide off-hour problem management and change implementation support.
We would expect the chosen candidate to show initiative and have strong work ethic with and an enthusiasm for learning new technical skills.
Infrastructure Team's top 5 benefits:
- Opportunities to develop and learn new technologies
- Top of the range facilities, including onsite gym and multiple catering options
- Social events and activities
- Health Insurance & Life Assurance
- Annual Incentive Plan
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Luca Piano ([email protected]) from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on +353 1 9609776