£45k - 55k per year
6 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Application Support Engineer within a leading Global Technology Organisation. This is a permanent role in Dublin City Centre. Within the role you will have the chance to utilise your excellent analytical skills to ensure the company provides an unparalleled service to its customers. The company will offer you opportunity to work in an exciting environment, where you will be given autonomy and the opportunity to develop your career and skillset. Within the role you will be using your excellent communication skills to support external clients in the upgrades of their applications/software.
What you will be doing in the role.
- Working to ensure success of systems upgrades for the organisations customers.
- Working autonomously and in a team when needed to ensure customer requirements are successfully met.
- Using your excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with the organisations customers to ensure you successfully resolve any issues encountered.
- Application and database performance tuning.
- Providing disaster recovery assistance.
- Software patches.
What you will need:
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role.
- Strong experience working with relational databases i.e. MS SQL Server or Oracle.
- A degree in Technology is preferred.
- SQL Scripting experience is a must and any other scripting experience is an advantage.
- Exposure to or knowledge of automation tools is an advantage but not essential.
- Coming from an Application Support background would be a strong advantage.
- A passion to provide an unparalleled level of service to your customers.
- A desire and drive to go that extra mile to ensure you resolve issues.
The company will provide you with
- An exciting opportunity to work in an exciting Financial Technology Organisation that will provide you with the experience you need to move your career to the next level and give yourself unparalleled career development and opportunity.
- Excellent remuneration.
- Opportunity for training and development that will improve and add to your already impressive technical skillset.
The Next Step for you
- Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Oisin Geoghegan from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line.
- Next Generation are specialists in Data Science, Digital Marketing, Finance, Insurance & Financial Services, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain & Operations
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation emphatically stresses, that as an organisation, will not forward your CV or any other personal details to any 3rd parties without your full prior approval.