10 days ago
Trainee Recruitment Consultant - Cork
Next Generation is a specialist recruitment company founded in 2007. We provide recruitment services tailored to our client's talent attraction strategy and our candidate's career expectations and goals.
Just finished your degree (preferably but not necessary) in HR, Business Commerce, Finance?
Have you worked in retail, customer service, sales or hospitality?
Looking for something exciting, challenging, commercial and competitive in a warm, friendly and fun company?
Well, look no further as you have come to the right place!
At Next Generation we specialise in supply chain, procurement, engineering, technical and operations roles in the Life Science and Food industries. This means you get to meet and work with highly qualified and skilled individuals and have the pleasure of helping them develop in their career or build out their teams.
We are currently expanding our Cork office and want an enthusiastic person who shares our values of teamwork, positivity, drive, contending & judgement to join our growing company.
What your job will be:
As a Trainee Recruiter, you will have one on one training from your manager, a specific desk to learn your craft, continuous training and coaching in the first six weeks (and thereafter according to your development plan).
- Sourcing candidates using our Database, LinkedIn and Job Boards
- Updating our ATS with relevant candidate and client information
- Screening, interviewing candidates and presenting them to clients. You will help candidates through the interview process and offer stage
- Contacting Hiring Managers to take their job specifications, answer their queries about CVs/candidates, schedule their company interviews and handle offer negotiations
What do you need to be successful in this job?
Recruitment is tough but fun, hard but simple and always a roller coaster. It suits individuals who like paving their own way, are confident decision makers, natural conversationalists and are excellent organisers.
- You enjoy people orientated, busy, bustling environments
- You are a risk taker and real go-getter who loves getting people to open up about themselves!
- You have honed your communication skills from dealing with the public and enjoy the cut and thrust of a good debate
- Your friends describe you as energetic, a great conversationalist, sociable and love winning at games!
Back to the rollercoaster analogy - to get on the ride you have to build your own rollercoaster and that takes time and patience. If you are someone who is good at setting and achieving long term goals then this type of environment will suit you.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary, strong commission structure and quarterly incentives
- Flexible working options including hybrid model
- 22 days paid annual leave + extra days for service + your birthday off!
- Career development path
- Lots of social events and more!
An insight on the role from an insider's point of view:
"Since joining Next Generation I've learned so much. I love being able to apply my knowledge and skills from my Masters in Work and Organisational Behaviour to my role!
No two days are the same, which makes the job so exciting. You talk to many different people on a daily basis, so you really need to be a people person. There is so much psychology behind recruitment which is really interesting and another reason why I love it, as this is what I studied throughout my Undergraduate and Master's degree. It's very rewarding as you get to help people find the career path that is right for them, explore career options with them and ultimately, you are involved in an important part of their life!
From the get go, I was made to feel like a member of the team. The support from management and my colleagues is brilliant. Training is delivered in tandem with what you are doing on the job, which makes the learning process more interactive and effective. You'll also learn a lot about yourself and your skills - being resilient, organised, having the ability to communicate effectively and work within a team are key factors in recruitment. Next Generation value their employee's wellbeing and an important part of that is holding wellness activities and events. They are focused on team building/bonding which is so important for a positive work culture/environment. There are also great opportunities for career progression within the company. "
The Next Step for you:
Interested in this role? Please send your CV to Jennifer Agbele at Next Generation Recruitment by clicking on the Apply button!
Next Generation specialise in Life Science, Engineering, Supply Chain & Operations & Data Scienc.