14 days ago
Working within a two person maintenance team, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for ensuring that the machinery, equipment, services and facility (including our WWTP plant) are well maintained and functioning effectively and efficiently, that maintenance downtime is minimised, that production is fully supported and food safety and health & safety standards are met on a daily basis to meet overall business requirements. The ability to visit the Cork plant for breakdown/preventative maintenance is also required.
- Responsible for implementing the company preventative maintenance programme through scheduled PM’s based on risk assessment and performance reliability.
- Respond to breakdowns during the shift, ensuring minimum downtime is experienced.
- Carry out detailed root cause analysis on breakdowns to implement corrective repairs and future preventative action.
- Inspect, operate and test machinery to diagnose malfunctions.
- Complete all necessary records in compliance with food safety and audit requirements
- Maintain adequate spare parts based on risk assessment
- Responsibility as part of the team for maintaining budget spend targets and pro- actively working towards cost saving initiatives for the business.
- Diligence with Health and Safety and the recording of all relevant documentation
- Work closely with the production team supporting them and providing advice, also participating in staff training as required.
- Provide information as required for weekly management meetings
- Conduct repairs on refrigeration and other systems where necessary
- Plan all maintenance and preventative maintenance activities
- Weekly management report
- Ensure full compliance of external contractors when on site
- Be an effective and pro- active contributor to the team.
- Work effectively with all departments , QA, Production, Operations and NPD
- Support and participate in business projects for the benefit of the development of the company
The ideal candidate will be organised, self – motivated, ambitious, a good communicator with problem solving abilities.
Also flexible and adaptable as to meet the needs of the business into the future.
A team player who is also able to work on own initiative, with good time management skills.
Skills and Competencies:
- Qualified Electrical Technician with proven track record in a food business
- Mechanical experience an advantage
- Expert knowledge of a food production environment
- Good computer skills
- Previous experience with a Maintenance Management System required
- English language - good standard of spoken and written
- Proficiency in other languages is an advantage
- Good communication skills verbal and written
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role within the food industry
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Ash Hearn, Talent Acquisition Partner, Next Generation Recruitment at [email protected] or alternatively give me a call on 01 649 8545 (DD) for more detail.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement & Operations
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin,