7 days ago
(Permanent – Dublin)
As a Procurement Specialist you will be responsible for buying and tendering ingredients, packaging and other products in a fast paced and high volume Food Industry based in Dublin. This role will be best suited to candidates with a proven track record in a buyer/planner role within a FMCG industry.
- Negotiating the prices of products and investigating new opportunities to ensure the lowest cost and best value solutions to the business.
- Liaising with suppliers and departments such as Quality, NPD, Commercial, Supply Chain, Production and Finance on a daily basis as required.
- Supporting in all activities related to the categories of Manufacturing & Third-Party Manufacturing.
- Assisting the NPD department with new product development projects by sourcing potential new suppliers, negotiating best prices as well as managing and ordering samples from current and new suppliers as required.
- Ensuring all suppliers are aware of any documentation and delivery processes within the company, including any customs clearance requirements.
- Tender figures preparation, tendering ingredients & packaging to suppliers, full follow through to contract.
- Participation in weekly planning meetings alongside Production, Planning and New Product Development departments.
- Resolving discrepancies on invoices and approving as required with suppliers and finance department.
- Generate and update the KPI’s and Customer Complaint reports in advance of supplier review meetings.
- Maintaining the supplier database updated and accurate at all times, analyse and evaluate stock cover using the ERP system and arrange contract renewals when necessary.
- 3rd Level Degree or Diploma in Business, Supply Chain or related subject
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role (Procurement/Planner/Buyer) within a FMCG or Retail company is essential
- Excellent negotiation, communication and influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail and consistent numerical accuracy
- Microsoft Office Excel (advanced level) + experience working with some ERP system (such as Oracle, SAP)
The next step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Renata Kormann from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement & Operations. Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent. All our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.