2 days ago
Quality Assurance Specialist
As a Quality Assurance Specialist you will play a vital role within the Quality Department ensuring the standards of all quality and food safety systems are maintained and in line with relevant legal requirements. You will be involved with audits (internal and external) as well as BRC inspections and will support NPD projects from a Quality perspective.
- Develop, implement and maintain quality specifications and standards for the factory.
- Responsible for internal and external audits, BRC and Bord Bia inspections
- Support New Product Development department with production trials and quality checks for all new product launches.
- Management of Supplier activities including carrying out audits, risk assessments and detailing all records and specifications.
- Supplier audits on and off site for approval processes, reviews and in to resolve issues.
- Monitoring of supplier performance and providing feedback on quality levels frequently to suppliers and other departments on site.
- Approval of suppliers within different stages of the manufacturing process.
- Customer service representative for the company from a quality perspective
- Manage complaints efficiently and utilise other departments where necessary.
- Report detailed statistics on customer queries and complaints to the leadership.
- System and process development - identifying areas of risk and improvement
- Control of QMS documentation and ensuring compliance of QMS is always to company standard.
- Ensuring all stages of production are evaluated and verified and any issues dealt with in a timely manner
- Management of testing schedules in line with budget and production plans.
- Problem solving and compliance to ensure company KPIs are achieved
- Product management including shelf life analysis, quarantine checks and safety compliance.
- Bachelor Degre in Food Science, Culinary Innovation or related subject
- 3-4 years' experience in Quality role within a Food Manufacturing environment, ideally Meat Processing, Bakery, Dairy, Read Meal, Frozen or Chilled products
- Working experience carrying out audits and inspections for BRC and Bord Bia
- Fluency in English is a must - Excellent communication skills to approach different audiences (seniors, suppliers and customers)
- Valid work permit for Fulltime employment, e.g. Stamp 4, EU Citizen, Stamp 1G (expire date Oct 2020 or later) - No sponsorship available
The next step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Renata Kormann from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120. Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement & Operations. Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent. All our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.