19 days ago
The Critical Utilities Team is actively seeking a Utilities Electrical Engineer to play a key role in supporting the operation and reliability of the site Utilities systems. Our team is dedicated to achieving excellence in right-first-time execution, compliance, and simplification without compromising Safety, Quality, or Equipment Reliability. Join us in the journey of transforming our site into a best-in-class Biopharmaceutical facility.
Responsibilities: As a Utilities Electrical Engineer, you will:
- Act as the key player in developing Utilities maintenance and operations strategy.
- Collaborate closely with Plant SMEs to ensure Utilities comply with regulatory standards and engineering best practices.
- Drive Utilities Strategy and delivery, overseeing strategy development and PM optimization for all Utilities assets.
- Ensure accurate reflection of Utilities scope in Assets, PMs, and Job plans.
- Report program performance through targeted KPIs.
- Provide technical troubleshooting on Electrical Systems, LSS Systems & Electrical/Control elements of Utility systems.
- Resolve issues or system escalations from the Utility operations team.
- Develop and understand Utility control systems, including building automation and other process automation systems.
- Establish equipment reliability measurement and systems.
- Develop performance monitoring systems and methodologies for the Utility Systems.
- Engage with equipment vendors in troubleshooting & performance improvements.
- Lead investigations on Utilities equipment & Systems.
- Provide training to operations on Utility systems.
- Contribute to the development of PMs in collaboration with planners and Area owners/SMEs.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in utility systems in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Electrical Trade qualification or a level 8 degree for the Electrical Utility position.
- Experience in Hardwired control systems and safety circuitry.
- Proficiency in reading functional design specifications, control drawings, electrical drawings, and P&ID's.
- Experience in Reliability engineering and Maintenance management.
- Knowledge of OPEX and lean principles.
- Experience in Utilities start-up & commissioning.
- High level of computer literacy with CMMS, safety investigation systems, and Utility system software systems.
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry regulations (Safety, Quality, and cGMP).
- Ability to work independently and remotely with minimum direct supervision.
- Safety-first mentality
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Nuira Esmau at Next Generation Recruitment via the Apply button.
Next Generation are specialists in recruiting for roles in Data Science, Digital, Engineering & Life Sciences, IT, Supply Chain & Operation, Engineering and Procurement.
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.