Cork, CK, Ireland
Maura O Hea
4 months ago
Trainee Technical Recruiter - CorkInterested in business – negotiations, persuasion and human behaviour?
Enjoy lively work environments with a focus on helping others?
Have a degree in Science or Engineering or a broad technical qualification but worked in retail or hospitality through your college days?
Wondering what is the next step for you career wise?
How about a career in recruitment?
Recruitment is tough but fun, hard but simple and always a roller coaster. It suits individuals who like paving their own way, are confident decision makers, natural conversationalists and are excellent organisers
As a Trainee Recruiter at Next Generation, you will have one on one training from your manager, a specific desk to learn your craft, continuous training and coaching in the first six weeks (and thereafter according to your development plan)
- Your day will be spent on the phone and online - so good communication skills are essential
- Updating our CRM with the relevant (and GDPR compliant) candidate and client information - attention to detail and organisation are key
- You will phone screen candidates, interview them online, present them to clients and help them through the interview process and offer stage
- You will also be in contact with Hiring Managers and HR to take their job specifications, answer their queries about CVs/candidates, schedule their company interviews and handle offer negotiations
If you are someone who is good at setting and achieving long term goals then this type of environment will suit you.
And what about an insider's point of view?
We asked our newest trainee Callum O'Donoghue to tell us about his experience so far.......
"The role is more focused on people than I initially imagined. Even though it has a sales element, you need to be a people person and enjoy that element of dealing with people on a day-to-day basis.
I was welcomed in and immediately felt like I was one the gang/team had been working here for years
The role can be what you want it to be, and your managers will work with you to achieve your goal
The career progression is excellent
In terms of skills, you must be a real go-getter with almost no fear!
A HUGE selling point for me originally was that the company emphasizes wellness and activities and they have not failed to disappoint
The training was fantastic as it was very interactive and made the whole process much less daunting”
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary with quarterly incentives and a strong commission structure.
- Flexibility to work remotely or from the office
- Time to rest, with 22 (up to 25 based on service) days of paid annual leave + your birthday off!
- A career development path.
- A marketing team to support your inbound sales effort.
- We care about our colleague's wellness, so we have an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) a Wellness Programme and an Education scheme.
- GPTW certified
- Two annual company social days – Christmas and Summer – to review and celebrate our achievements
- We make commute easier with the Tax Saver schemes and the Bike to work scheme (and secure bike parking).
Interested in this role? Please send your CV to Maura O'Hea at Next Generation Recruitment by clicking on the Apply button!
Not ready to apply just yet? Meet with our recruiters here or get some inspiration to update your CV there
Next Generation specialise in Life Science, Engineering, Supply Chain & Procurement and Operations
Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.