21 days ago
Ready for a move into your next role as a Meat/Protein Buyer? Are you interested in growing your career in a dynamic Food manufacturing organisation? Maybe this is the perfect role for you.
Our client, a leading Multi-National Food company based in Tipperary are looking to grow their existing team with an enthusiastic and experienced Meat/Protein Buyer. This is a permanent position that will offer excellent career development opportunities for the right individual. The successful candidate will have full responsibility for developing relationships and negotiating rates with suppliers to ensure highest quality protein products are obtained for use in the manufacture of finished products.
Please note you must be legally authorised to work unrestricted in Ireland to be applicable for this position.
What you will do in this job:
- Responsible for the purchase of all meats (pork, beef, lamb, duck etc) for use within the manufacture of cooked products
- Responsible for managing protein procurement budget for the site
- Ensure best possible prices are achieved whilst ensuring the highest standard of product is obtained
- Developing robust relationship with both national and international primary protein suppliers
- Working with the site Quality function to ensure suppliers meet BRC and customer quality standards
- Working with Product Development team to product availability for NPD trials
- Delivery of Cost Out/Value Projects
Minimum requirements for this job:
- 3+ Years in a similar purchasing position within the food manufacturing industry is essential
- Proven track record of developing relationships with meat suppliers is essential
- Proven track record of delivering cost savings whilst ensuring compliance with strictest of quality standards
- Ability to work closely with Quality, Finance and Product Development functions is critical for this role
- Strong communication skills
The Next Step for you:
Interested in this role? Please send your CV to Kate Curran at Next Generation Recruitment by clicking on the Apply button!
Next Generation specialise in Life Science, Engineering, Supply Chain & Operations, Data Science, Digital Marketing, and IT.
Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.